Friday, July 8, 2011

Yummy Food?

I had been very adamant on skipping purees with Carson from the get go and do Baby Led Weaning. But lately I was starting to question my decision. For those who don't know what Baby Led Weaning is, it basically skips the whole puree food stage and goes straight to table food. Now it is more detailed than that but I just wanted to give you an idea of what it is.

Every meal that Travis is home, Carson sits at the table with us. I have noticed more and more that Carson stares at us while we eat which led me to thinking, maybe I should give him some solids to eat. After our doctors appointment yesterday and upon hearing that Carson is doing well growing, I came to a decision. I wanted to give him some baby cereal. I've decided that I will do a combination of the two approaches to solids; which is, baby cereal for now and when he gets a better grasp of picking things up and bringing them to his mouth switch over to soft table foods like avocado and bananas.

Here's how the cereal tasting went:


Before


Here comes the spoon


Mmmm...


"Well, I don't know if I like that Mommy..."

In the end, Carson had three bite fulls and most of it came back out. I guess we'll try again another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment